If you are looking for something to read, here is a list of trustworthy books and authors I have found beneficial in my walk with Christ. Throughout my walk, with Christ, I’ve often sought books that were worth their salt. Many times I’ve asked our leaders and elders for suggestions as to good material to read. Let’s face it, not everything out there is good. Some books labeled Christian are not Christian at all. Hence this page. If I can suggest any good, beneficial reading material then I might have saved you time and money.
Also, this page contains affiliate links. If you use a link to buy a book, I get a commission. Don’t worry, it doesn’t cost you extra and it helps this site pay the bills. Besides, what’s a recommendation without a link?
What I’m Reading Right Now
- Legacy Standard Bible
- The MacArthur New Testament Commentary: 1 Peter by John MacArthur
- The MacArthur Old Testament Commentary: Zechariah by John MacArthur
- The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott
The Bible is the most important book in the world. The Bible is your anchor and authority. It is inerrant, infallible, and sufficient for life and godliness. If there is only one book you read this year, make it the Bible.
- Legacy Standard Bible (LSB)
- New America Standard Bible (NASB)
- English Standard Version (ESV)
Baucham Jr., Voddie T.
- Expository Apologetics: Answering Objections with the Power of the Word
- Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism’s Looming Catastrophe
- Einstein, God, and the Bible
- God Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life: The Myth of the Modern Message
- Hitler, God, and the Bible
- How to Win Souls & Influence People
- Nothing Created Everything: The Scientific Impossibility of Atheistic Evolution
- The Way Of The Master
- The Beatles, God, and the Bible
- World Religions In A Nutshell: A Compact Guide To Reaching Those Of Other Faiths
Ferguson, Sinclair B.
- The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance – Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters
- One Perfect Life: The Complete Story of the Lord Jesus
- Parables: The Mysteries of God’s Kingdom Revealed Through the Stories Jesus Told
- Saved Without A Doubt: Being Sure of Your Salvation
- Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity in Christ
- Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship
- The Gospel According to Jesus: What Does Jesus Mean When He Says, “Follow Me?”
- The MacArthur New Testament Commentary
- The MacArthur Old Testament Commentary: Zechariah
- Think Biblically!: Recovering A Christian Worldview
- Worship: The Ultimate Priority